By Tova Miller
Calling all pasta lovers that are trying to shed some pounds: here is a pasta alternative to make the most of your Wellness Wednesday.
And, if you are feeling extra spicy today, be sure to jam out to these songs while you cook:
[8tracks width=”275″ height=”275″ playops=”” url=”http://8tracks.com/mixes/2268638″]
Baked Spaghetti Squash
1 Medium Spaghetti Squash
¼ cup Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
½ jar of your favorite marinara sauce
½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 tablespoon Oregano
*Use any veggies you have on hand!
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pierce the spaghetti squash 10 times with a fork.
3. Place the squash in a glass baking pan and bake for 1 hour.
4. Chop the rest of the vegetables.
5. Sautee with garlic and olive oil on the stove until vegetables are easily pierced with a fork.
6. Take spaghetti squash out of the oven and let it cool.
7. Slice the squash in half. Remove the seeds. Then use a fork to rake out the squash and create spaghetti like texture. Be sure to keep the squash shell in tact.
8. Mix vegetables, squash and tomato sauce and oregano in the sauté pan
9. Place the vegetable medley back into the squash shell and sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top
10. Bake for 10 minutes