By: Julia Collins
With everyone cooped up inside during quarantine/social distancing, many have turned to TikTok as a source of entertainment and escapism.
TikTok is a video-sharing platform with over 500 million users of all ages across the globe. Videos can be up to one minute long.
I recommend TikTok to everyone I meet because in my opinion, it is the ultimate social media platform. Whatever your interests are, whether they be dance videos, football, makeup, etc., the algorithm caters your feed to those interests.
If you’re unsure about whether to download it or not, here’s the pro con list I’ve devised to help you decide:
- You can cater what content you see
- The algorithm picks up on what you like and don’t like to watch
- You don’t have to make your own videos to enjoy it
- But, if you’re looking to create more content, this is the platform to do it on
- It’s a different form of entertainment to indulge in during this time
- You can learn fun new dances like this one or this one
- Need to learn time management, because TikTok is easy to get sucked into
Overall, if you haven’t hopped on the TikTok bandwagon, take a moment to consider why.
If you want to read more about TikTok, check out these other two articles I’ve written about it: